Dr. Punita Grover
M.R.C. Psych., C.C.S.T. (U.K.)
- Designation : Psychiatrist
- Ex-Consultant Psychiatrist at Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust(UK)
- Publications and posters in National (UK) and International conferences.
- Received training in Cognitive Behavior therapy, Dynamic Psychotherapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy.
- Area of Interest: CBT for Depression and anxiety spectrum disorders, Child and adolescent Psychiatry
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 9979454273
Dr. Punita Grover
Gujarat Medical Council Registration number : G32286( MBBS) & G 20427( MRCPsych)
UK GMC Registration number: 6065660 (Full Registration and license to practice)
NTN number: EMD/CPT/019/C
Section 12(2) approved and Approved Clinician (AC) status( U.K)
CCST( Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training): 2012
Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
Pramukh Swami Medical College, India with first class honors
Prizes and Achievements
Gold medal for highest grade in Community Medicine, Sardar Patel University
3rd rank in MBBS Year 1, Sardar Patel University
MOST RECENT EMPLOYMENT
Consultant Child Psychiatrist, GIPS Hospital Pvt. Ltd, Ahmedabad
- LPT Trust wide DNA audit 2013.
- Study on DVLA- a Survey of Psychiatrists 2013
- Audit on Benzodiazepine and hypnotic prescribing.
- Audit on compliance with Care pathway for Personality disorder- 2013.
- Re-audit of DVLA
- POMH UK metabolic monitoring audit June’12
- Section 17 leave audit- April’12
- Evaluation of Consistency of Management of Referrals from Primary Care (2010)
- “Audit of Psychiatrists’ understanding of DVLA Regulations and its Implication in Clinical practice” 2009 – yearly update on DVLA regulations incorporated in doctor’s training programme and included in CPA.
- “Role of Interpreters in Psychiatric outpatients clinics in inner city Leicester” – completion of audit cycle 2005 – 08.
- “Have patients admitted to Child and adolescent mental health Inpatient Unit received a physical examination within 24 hours of admission” 2007.
- “Medical Admission Documentation at Leicester General Hospital” 2005
- “Lithium monitoring in patients attending psychiatric Day Hospital” 2004
RESEARCH AND CLINICAL PROJECTS
- Regional survey of trainees about psychotherapy training (second cycle)
The first cycle highlighted the wide variation in training within and between deaneries; we provided feedback to the training leads and completed the second cycle.
- National survey of training in perinatal psychiatry
This survey showed the variations in opportunities for training in perinatal psychiatry and highlighted the interest of trainees in this area.
- Nationwide study on ‘ECG training for Psychiatrists’ a THOTH project
Survey showed skills required for interpretation of ECG were lacking amongst psychiatrists.
- Nationwide survey on ‘Satisfaction with Gender realignment service’
Study findings revealed early age for surgery in accurately diagnosed patients with meaningful support, equality in access to services and reducing post-operative complications were considered to be important factors by our patients. Incorporating these factors should contribute to improved services for this specialist group of patients.
- Trainee survey on “Seclusion in Psychiatric Setup: Understanding of Senior House Officers” – seclusion training and information on Trust policy incorporated in Trainees’ induction programme.
- “Brain Injury Scoping Project” (2007-08) –Looking at clinical needs and deficits in the current system which provides care for patient with Brain injury. One of the proposal is to develop community service to meet the existing clinical demands.
- European Huntington’s disease Network project (Feb-Aug07)- involved recruiting people with Huntington’s disease on an electronic data base. My brief involvement with this project helped to develop my understanding of working in a research project and formed the basis of my interest in research projects.
- Grover P, Ahmed A, Lazarus R, Noushad F. Training in Perinatal Psychiatry- Results of a Survey of Psychiatry Trainees Across England’, Perinatal newsletter 2012.
- Khoosal D, Grover P and Terry T. Satisfaction with Gender realignment service. Sexual and Relationship Therapy, (February 2011), Vol 26:No. 1, Page 72-83.
- Grover P. Review of Interpreter usage, Bulletin of Transcultural Special Interest Group of Royal college of Psychiatrists, Spring 2008
- Grover P, Muhammad S, Thomas D. Role of interpreters in Psychiatric outpatient clinics. Bulletin of Transcultural Special Interest Group of Royal College of Psychiatrists. Spring 2007
POSTERS ( In National and International Conferences)
- Fitness to drive in patients with Severe Mental Illness
Girish Kunigiri, Bal Powar & Punita Grover; ANCIPS India’13.
- Non-attendance in psychiatric outpatient clinic
Vesna Acovaski and Punita Grover; Clinical audit conference’13.
- Compliance with completion of section 17 leave forms
Punita Grover, Rachel winter and Farhana Ahmed; International Conference’12.
- Non-attendance at psychiatric multidisciplinary review clinics in Leicester Psychosis and Early Intervention Service
Punita Grover, Shiraz Ahmed & Debasis Das
General and Community Psychiatry, Annual residential conference 2011
- Survey of Psychotherapy training – experience and attitudes among trainees
Fabida Naushad, Punita Grover; Trent Division RCPsych conference, 2011
- Evaluation of Vocational Intervention in the Leicestershire Early Intervention in Psychosis Service. P Grover, Kim Weeks, Claire McQuade, Rebecca Stewart & Debasis Das
Royal College International Congress, June 2011
- Assessing need for ECG training for Psychiatrists- a Nationwide THOTH study survey
A Arora, P Grover; Royal College International Congress, June 2011
- Ethnicity Trends in a First Episode Psychosis Service
Zarina Anwar, Shiraz Ahmed, Punita Grover & Debasis Das
Royal College International Congress, June 2011
- Individual Placement and Support in an Early Psychosis Service.
P Grover, Kim Weeks, Claire McQuade& Debasis Das
17th International Congress for the Psychological Treatments of the Schizophrenia and other Psychosis, Dubrovnik, June 2011.
- National survey of trainees on training in perinatal psychiatry
F Noushad, P Grover, A Ahmed, R Lazarus
Royal College section of perinatal psychiatry annual conference, Nov 2010
- ‘Survey of Psychiatrists’ understanding of DVLA Regulations and its Implications in Clinical practice’
P Grover & Suheib Abu-Kmeil; Trent division conference, 2010.
- Evaluation of referrals to community mental health teams in Leicestershire
F Noushad, P Grover, G Kunigiri; Trent division conference, 2010
- Audit of the role of Interpreters in Psychiatric Outpatient clinic in Inner City Leicester.
Punita Grover, Dan Kinnair & Saquib Muhammad, RCPsych conference 2008.
I have been involved in formal and non-formal teaching at various levels with use of different teaching tools and methods to suit different styles of learning.
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (2006-09): Completed individual long term psychotherapy case with weekly group supervision.
- Interpersonal Psychotherap..
- Undertaken individual sessions based on Motivational Enhancement therapy for patients with drug and alcohol dependence.
- Completed Cognitive Behavioural therapy long case (2006).I have had experience of using cognitive behavioural therapy to treat adults and children with obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias and anxiety disorders..